Bridal Hair and Make up
If you require bridal wedding hair or occasion hair and make-up for your wedding or special occasion I can offer you the complete package,including nails, lash extensions and tanning or maybe you just want a little pampering.
Bee Bonnie is situated in Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye, close to Eilean Donan Castle and mobile for weddings, so, I can travel to your place of choice around Skye & Lochalsh, I’ve even travelled as far as Uist and Harris making your day much more enjoyable and stress free.
It’s never too early to book your wedding Skye and Lochalsh has become extremely popular in the last few years so it is advisable to book your hair and makeup well in advance. All bookings require a small £50 non refundable booking fee to secure the date. Due to being so busy with weddings and the salon unfortunately I can not send out reminders.
Please have a look at my galleries where you will find all my most recent work.
Bridal Make up
I have also completed the full Jane Iredale make up training which included advanced bridal make up, making you look picture perfect for your very special day.
As well as being a hairdresser with years of bridal hair experience I also have a SVQ (Scottish Vocational Qualification) in make up which I did with The Scottish Beauty School.
HAIR AND MAKEUP PRICES:
Hair up £60 includes all products and grips.
Hair half up do £50.
Blowdry start from £30 depending on length of hair.
Makeup £50 includes strip/ cluster lashes if required.
Travel costs may apply depending on wedding location.
Hair and Make up Trial
Arranging your hair and makeup trial may be one of the last things you think about when planning your special day. It can also be one of the most nerve wracking. But rest assured, you have nothing to worry about. I have created this guide to help you feel as prepared as possible for your trial and to ensure that we can make the most out of your experience. As your big day inches closer, your hair & makeup trial will allow us to get to know one another better and provide you with an exciting glimpse of how amazing you will look on the big day! Unfortunately some of you may simply not have time for a trial as time is very limited especially when travelling from overseas, if you are especially nervous about hair or makeup if time allows on your wedding day I can arrive earlier to make sure you are completely happy with the styles.
- Choose your dress – So many brides will tell you that the wedding dress they chose was nothing like the dress they thought they would wear down the aisle. So, find the one before deciding on your hair and makeup. Once you have your dress, we can create a look that compliments your overall bridal vibe. If you’re planning to wear a veil or hairpiece on your wedding day, or maybe you have statement jewellery in mind, consider also purchasing these items in time for your trial. I have a small selection available to purchase and can send pictures.
- Start looking for your ideas – Remember, Pinterest is amazing but it can also be full of unrealistic and heavily edited images! Look for inspiration to incorporate into your wedding day look – know what you want, as well as what you definitely don’t want! Due to getting married on Skye please be aware that I will have to use a lot of products in your hair to keep it in place. Have a look on my social media pages the styles on there are done specifically to handle the unpredictable Skye weather.
- Focus on skin care – One of the best things you can do in the run up to your wedding is to up your skin care game. Commit to drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I am available to discuss the best course of action for your skin we can do this via Skype or over email. Taking certain supplements can also really make a difference to your skin again I’m happy to advice.
- Time to book – Around 6 months before your wedding day, let’s catch up and discuss arranging your trial. If you have a specific date in mind (maybe your hen do, or a friend’s wedding), and would like to make the most of having your hair and makeup done, get in touch as soon as possible to check availability.
PREPARE YOUR HAIR
- Please wash your hair the night before or, if necessary, on the morning of your trial. Do not arrive with dirty or wet hair!
- Arrive with dry hair, but avoid using heated tools/straighteners and product before your trial.
- If you have a ton of ideas, I would recommend narrowing them down to your TWO favourite styles. Otherwise, you will become overwhelmed and your hair will not thank you for the excessive heat and styling!
- If you’ve chosen a veil/hair accessories/your jewellery, please bring them along with you so that we can try them out. This will really help you to see your overall wedding day bridal look! Again I do have a few bits in my kit.
PREPARE FOR MAKEUP
- Please arrive wearing no makeup – especially no eyeliner and mascara! If possible, follow your usual skincare beforehand.
- As well as inspiration photos, please bring along photos of how you would normally wear your own makeup, including on a night out. This will help me to get a better understanding of the style/amount of makeup you’re used to.
Please be aware that you will look and feel differently to normal as I will be using different makeup and different colours to what you are used to.
TRIAL TOP TIPS
- Avoid wearing black/dark colours to your trial. Instead, wear a white top or similar to mimic the colour of your wedding dress.
- Even better if you can wear a top with a similar neckline to your dress. Avoid turtle/high neck tops.
- Come with ideas, as well as an open mind! Be ready to answer lots of questions and tell me all about your big day! Sometimes due to the ever changing weather in Skye it is best not to be too set on any one style as sometimes on the day I have been known to change a down do to an updo.
- Please allow up to 2 hours for hair/makeup only trials and 3 hours for both.
- You are welcome to bring a family member/friend. Make sure it’s someone who’s opinions and ideas you admire – positive vibes only! You could also make a day of it and bring your own bottle and nibbles whilst getting pampered.
Normally trials aren’t needed for bridesmaids or mothers however some are happier to have a trial if time allows.